Last week's lab was a real struggle, 2 hours of 2 brains struggling together to think up a solution and nothing! We just hit roadblock after roadblock, it seemed we couldn't conceptualize or visualize the problem properly. Neither of our different styles of working yielded any results. My partner tried drawing it out and thinking it through before coding, and I tried getting something down on the computer to give me a starting point to work on, but neither method got us the solution we wanted.
Now, a week later, after working on and off for the better part of a day, I've finally got the method working the way it should. But I'm still not quite convinced I've found the best way to do it... The code seems too long and there seem to be too many cases that could perhaps be compressed to make the code shorter and simpler. :S
On the bright side, it feels good to solve a problem that was giving me trouble on the eve of our second test! Hopefully this is a good sign and everything goes well tomorrow.
Good luck to anyone reading this tonight!!! See you on the flip side :)
I feel you on the difficulty of the labs. They've been incredibly difficult recently. I rarely ever finish, you aren't alone!
ReplyDelete