This course is unlike any other I've taken at UofT before (I'm a second year student). I've never come across a professor more invested in every student's success than Danny. His techniques and teaching styles always emphasize understanding WHAT you want to do and HOW you could do it before doing anything. If you can't implement your code, at least you have a conceptual idea. Clearly, there is just some small step inbetween where you're confused or struggling, and once that's cleared up you'll be well on your way to mastering whatever concept is being taught. But blindly coding until you get results doesn't teach anything, and next time you get a slightly different problem you'll be clueless.
It seems strange for a student to get marks even when they haven't gotten the final result, but you're in the class to learn not just to get a grade, and in the long run you'll be stumped by bigger, more difficult problems if you haven't learned how to properly approach a small problem.
No comments:
Post a Comment